Java API Components offering refined numerical procedures to either construct a function of one or two variables from a set of points (i.e. interpolate), or solve an equation of one variable. The interpolation procedures provided include Newton polynomials, Lagrange''s formula, Burlisch-Stoer algorithm, Cubic splines (natural and free), Bicubic interpolation and procedures for find the interpolation functions coefficients. In order to solve an equation we provide the Van Wijngaarden-Dekker-Brent algorithm, interval bisection method, secant and false position, Newton-Raphson method and Ridders'' method.
This suite includes the following features:
1) Interpolation Module: polynomial interpolation and extrapolation, coefficients of an interpolating polynomial, interpolation and extrapolation in two or more dimensions.
2) Equation Solver Module: Interval Method, Secant Method, Brent''s Algorithm, Ridders'' Method, Method of Regular Falsi, Method of Regula Falsi, Newton-Raphson Method, Fail-Safe Newton-Raphson Method.
» version 2.0 - posted on 2004-10-04
EULA - End User License Agreement
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE COMPONENT. WEBCAB WILL ONLY GRANT A DEMO LICENSE FOR THIS COMPONENT IF YOU FIRST ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
In this license the vendor, WebCab Limited is referred to as WebCab. The Demo version of the
Component is owned by WebCab, and is copyrighted and licensed, not sold.
This is the license agreement for the demo of the Optimization J2SE Component, herein referred to as "demo".
WebCab grants you a nonexclusive license for the Demo Component to be used by one developer
at any given time. The term "Demo" means the original component with limited usage
restrictions and all whole or partial copies of it, including portions merged into other applications. The Components usage is restricted using one or both of the following methods:
1) Each client may call each function within the J2SE Component a limited number of times.
2) The data input set is predefined within the bean. In no instance may the licensee attempt to
remove or modify these restrictions.
A Demo consists of machine-readable instructions, audio/visual content (such as images, text, recordings, or pictures), and related licensed materials.
Use of the Demo
1) One developer may use the Demo at any one time, except as otherwise stated in this section. You agree to ensure that anyone who uses the Demo (accessed either locally or remotely) does so only for your authorized use and complies with the terms of this Agreement.
2) A Demo License is offered without charge, to allow prospective full license holders to better understand the capabilities of the product.
3) The demonstration license, supplied with this J2SE Component, is valid for sixty days after receipt of the licensed material. All copies and related material must be deleted within the sixty-day period.
The Demonstration License is non-transferable
4) A demonstration license cannot be upgraded to any of the other License options, and cannot be updated or upgraded to a new demonstration version.
Limitations on copying or disassembling
5) User may not take any steps, such as altering, decompiling, disassembling, reverse assembling, or reverse compiling, to derive the source code equivalent of the Licensed Program.
Limitations on purposes of use; prohibition of
commercial use of licensed materials
6) Users may not provide services for a fee using the demo.
7) Users may not release the demo version within a commercial environment, application or system.
8) Under no circumstances may a Permitted User store any parts of the demo for the purposes of resale or redistribution.
9) Except as expressly permitted above, the demo may not be used for any (i) fee-for-service use including providing access to or selling copies of items, (ii) systematic supply or distribution of portions of or items from the demo in any form to anyone other than an Authorized User, or (iii) any similar
Limitations on alteration or modification of
10) Licensee and its Authorized users may not modify, adapt, transform, translate, or create any derivative work based on any materials included within the demo, or otherwise use any such materials, in a manner that would infringe the copyright therein. Any copyright notices, other notices or disclaimers included WebCab within the demo or any accompanying screen displays may not be removed, obscured or modified in any way.
11) Unless specifically authorized in writing, licensed machine-readable forms may not be combined, duplicated, divided or added to by Licensee. If any licensed machine-readable form is combined, duplicated, divided or added to, such shall be deemed a licensed machine-readable form subject to all terms and conditions contained in this agreement.
12) WebCab warrants that the Demo herein will perform substantially in accordance with the accompanying written materials for a period of sixty days from the date of receipt. Any implied warranties on WebCab are limited to sixty days. Some states do not allow limitations on duration of an implied warranty, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
13) The licensee''s only remedy shall be, at WebCab''s option, replacement of the demo with renewed license agreement. This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the demo has resulted from accident, abuse, or misapplication.
NO OTHER WARRANTIES. WEBCAB DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE AND THE ACCOMPANYING WRITTEN MATERIALS. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHERS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL WEBCAB OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING,
WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBCAB PRODUCT, EVEN IF WEBCAB HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE
LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
15) Neither party shall be liable in damages or have the right to terminate this Agreement for any delay or default in performing hereunder if such delay or default is caused by conditions beyond its control including, but not limited to Acts of God, Government restrictions (including the denial or cancellation of any export or other necessary license), wars, insurrections and/or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the party whose performance is affected.
Consequences of Unauthorized Use
16) Licensee shall promptly notify WebCab of any infringements of copyrights or any unauthorized use of the demo in print or digital form of which they become aware. Licensee shall cooperate with WebCab in any investigation of such infringements or unauthorized uses. WebCab shall have the sole
right, at its expense, to bring any action on account of such infringements or unauthorized uses provided that WebCab will not bring an action against any Authorized user without first consulting with Licensee. Licensee shall cooperate with WebCab in any such action, in such manner as WebCab may reasonably request and at WebCab''s expense. In the event of any infringement or unauthorized use by an
Authorized User, Licensee shall take all reasonable steps to cause such Authorized user to cease such activity and to prevent any recurrence thereof. In addition, WebCab may
terminate the Authorized User''s demo licenseagreement.